Torrens Primary School
Click Latest News Archives for detail of all News items
- Week 1 of Term 2 starts on Wednesday 26 April.
- Online enrolments for Preschool and Year 7 2018 open on Wednesday 26 April and remain open until 9am on Monday 29 May.
- Learning Journeys for all classes are on Friday 28 April in the classrooms. You are welcome to visit your child's classroom between 9.15am and 11.00am on that day.
- Our special ANZAC Day assembly is on Friday 28 April at 2pm in the old hall. You are warmly invited to attend.
Posted on 06 Apr 2017
Classes begin next Monday, 27 March (week9) and continue every school day until the last day of term. ALL children swimming need to bring the following to school everyday:
- Swimmers, worn under school uniform
- Thongs or other suitable wet area footwear
- Underwear to change into after lesson
- Plastic bag for wet items
Lesson times for each class are as follows:
|2D & 2K
Posted on 23 Mar 2017
At Torrens Primary School we are proud of the rich educational environment and rigorous programs provided for all students. Our commitment is to work in partnership with parents, striving to ensure that all students are given every opportunity to achieve their full potential.
The school lies in the older part of Woden Valley and has a current enrolment of around 500 students from Preschool to Year 6. Three preschool units are attached to Torrens Primary School Chifley, Pearce and Torrens.
Torrens Primary School has a traditional design, single classrooms and an excellent reputation. Torrens Primary School enjoys strong community involvement and support in all aspects of school life. The partnership between school and home is extremely important to develop and foster high academic achievement and a love of learning in our students.
At Torrens Primary School teamwork and tolerance are promoted. High quality educational and extra curricula programs are presented by an extremely dedicated and involved team of staff.
At Torrens Primary School we cater for a broad range of individual differences including gifted and talented students and students with special needs. Emphasis is also placed on providing the best possible start during the first years of schooling. Early intervention programs include the development of early literacy and numeracy skills through an extremely active support team, including the Deputy Principal, executive teachers, counsellor, EALD teacher, learning assistants, Chaplain, parents and special interest partners such as Gateways, Community Services and more.
As new parents to the school you are invited to join our school's varied activities. These are advertised on the calendar each term and through the school newsletter which is posted on this site each term week on Thursdays.
I look forward to your association with Torrens Primary School.