Latest News Archive
Next week at Torrens PrimaryDon't forget Queen's birthday holiday on Monday. Then gymnastics for Yr K thru 2 commences on Thursday 14 June. Kindy Assembly is on next Friday at 12.15pm, followed by the 2018 Torrens Talent Quest final which will commence at 1.45pm in the Old Hall.
posted on 07 Jun 2018
Assembly tomorrow is on at the later time of 2pm in the Old HallBecause the walkathon is taking place in middle session tomorrow, Assembly hosted by Year 1 will be on at the later time of 2pm in the Old Hall.
posted on 31 May 2018
Year 4 Berry Camp ETAThe latest ETA for our Year 4 Berry campers is between 4 pm and 4.30 pm today at school.
posted on 18 May 2018
Awards Assembly (Yrs 1-2) is on tomorrow at 2pm in the Old HallTo accommodate Naplan testing, Assembly tomorrow will be on at the special time of 2pm.
posted on 17 May 2018
Kindy Zoo & Aquarium Excursion Rescheduled
Owing to predicted bad weather for this coming Friday, the Kindy Zoo & Aquarium excursion will now take place on Friday, 18 May.
posted on 09 May 2018
Dates to Remember
- School resumes on Monday, 30 April
- Online enrolments for Preschool and Year 7 2019 open on the Directorate Website on Monday, 30 April
- Tuesday, 1 May is the school Athletics Carnival at Woden Athletics Park
- School Photos are on Wednesday, 2 May
- The ANZAC Assembly is on Friday, 4 May at 2pm in the Old Hall
posted on 13 Apr 2018
Swimming lessons for Yr K - 4 Continue EVERY DAY until the end of term
Swimming lessons for Kindy to Year 4 continue EVERY school day now until the end of term (Friday, 13 April).
If your child is swimming he/she needs to come to school EVERY day wearing swimmers (under uniform) and bring:
- thongs or other suitable wet area footwear
- underwear to change into after swimming
- towel and plastic bag for wet items
If you need to know lesson times, please contact the Front Office or refer to current newsletter where a timetable is published.
posted on 03 Apr 2018
Torrens Primary School turns 50 in 2018!
We invite past and present staff, students, families and community to join us in celebrations during Week 7 in Term 3 (August).
More information will become available on our website and in future newsletters.
If you have any ideas or memorabilia for our celebrations, please get in contact via our Front Office or email email@example.com .
posted on 07 Mar 2018
Revised times for Year 5 and 6 Parent Information SessionsRemember that Parent Information Sessions are being held for all year levels next Wednesday, 28 February from 5pm. A flyer has gone out today showing the session timetable. Please note the changes in start times for the Year 5 and 6 sessions. As a result of parent feedback, Year 5 and 6 sessions will both now commence at 5pm.
posted on 22 Feb 2018
Online lunch order service remains unavailable at this time.
posted on 14 Feb 2018
Online lunch ordering service currently unavailablePlease note that the online lunch ordering facility is currently unavailable until further notice. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.
posted on 05 Feb 2018
The last week of term in 2017
Don't forget the following dates, times and info for the last week of school for 2017!
Year 6 Graduation Assembly - Thursday 14 December 2pm Old Hall
Year 6 End of Year Excursion - Friday 15 December
Last day of term - Friday 15 December
OfficeMax stationery orders for 2018 - Sunday 17 December (nil delivery fee). [Order at OfficeMaxSchools.com.au and use Access Key: 4RX2Q]
First day of term 2018 - Monday 5 February (Kindy and Preschool) ; Tuesday 6 February (all other years)
posted on 13 Dec 2017
Year 5 Assembly with Awards of Excellence
This assembly will commence in the old hall at the earlier time of 12pm on Friday, 8 December.
posted on 06 Dec 2017
Senior Concert in the Old Hall tomorrow night
Further rain is expected today and tomorrow and so the Senior concert will commence with the choir at 5.45pm in the Old Hall tomorrow - Tuesday, 28 November.
posted on 27 Nov 2017
Congratulations Mrs Matthews!Congratulations Mrs Matthews on winning the role of Principal at Torrens Primary School!
posted on 09 Nov 2017
2018 Stationery Requirements
These are now available for ordering online from OfficeMax. Orders will be delivered to your home or place of work. Free delivery applies to orders placed by Sunday 17 December and zipPay allows you to order supplies now and pay later.
The school's access key for placing orders is 4RX2Q (the code is case sensitive). A hard copy of your child's 2018 year list and ordering instructions will come home in school bags today.
Any queries please ask at the Front Office for help.
posted on 02 Nov 2017
Crazy Camel Fundraiser finishes tomorrow, Friday 27 OctoberOrders must be in and paid for by tomorrow, Friday 27 October. Sorry but no late orders can be accepted.
posted on 26 Oct 2017
Learning Journeys will be in your child's classroom next week. Please make a note of day/s and time/s:
Kindy, Year 1 and Year 4: Tuesday 19 Sept 8.45am - 9.30am
Year 6: Wednesday 20 Sept 2.45pm - 3.30pm
Year 5: Thursday 21 Sept 8.45am - 9.30am
Year 2: Thursday 21 Sept 2.45pm - 3.30pm
Year 3: Friday 22 Sept 8.45am - 9.30am
posted on 14 Sep 2017
Year 6 Sydney Trip - ETAAs we have heard nothing to the contrary, please assume the Year 6 happy campers will return to Torrens tonight between 6.30 and 7pm.
posted on 08 Sep 2017
Book Week CelebrationsTomorrow is our Dress as your favourite book character day and assembly will be at 12.15pm.
posted on 24 Aug 2017
Year 3 Birrigai Camp ETA at TorrensWe are expecting Year 3 Birrigai campers to return to school at 3.10pm this afternoon.
posted on 04 Aug 2017
Things to remember and helpful hints
The school newsletter Torrens Times is available online every Thursday afternoon during term time. It will always list important dates and events and when various excursion notes and payments are due. For example, the Sports Awards assembly is on Friday, 4 August (Week 3) at 12.15pm.
If you have missed a note, you can always find a copy under the Recent School Notes link on the right hand side of this homepage.
Most excursions will require a completed Excursion Medical Consent form. You can download this from the Medical Information and Forms link on the right of this homepage. Save it to your hard drive to fill, print and reuse for all excursions.
You can pay for most excursions and the like by accessing the Payment link at the top of this homepage.
If you need any help at all, call the Front Office on 6205 7411. We are only too happy to assist!
posted on 28 Jul 2017
Message from the Principal
I am writing to inform you that I will be taking long service leave at the end of this term before retiring in November. I have been very privileged to have been able to have a career doing something that I love and have had a fabulous time working (and playing) at Torrens Primary School. I wish all staff, students and their families all the best for the future. But it is now time for me to pursue other interests which I am very much looking forward too.
In my absence Rachel Matthews will be assuming the Principal’s role before it is advertised for permanent filling. Louise Zietlhofer will take up the Deputy Principal’s position and Kelly Knox will be our new Executive Teacher.
posted on 22 Jun 2017
June 2017 - Notes and Dates
- K-2 Gymnastics program starts on Thurday 8 June. Please return permission note and medical to the front office by Tuesday 6 June.
- Google Docs on the Chrome Books for Parents presentation is on in the library Tuesday 6 June from 6.30pm - 8pm.
- iBean Café is on again! Friday 9 June from 2pm-3pm, in the new hall.
- Walkathon Sponsorship is due to the front office by Monday 26 June for the raffle at assembly on Friday 30 June.
posted on 01 Jun 2017
Torrens Disco - Friday 19th May
The Torrens Disco is on tonight in the Old Hall! Entry via Batchelor St only.
- Junior: 6.30-7.30pm
- Senior: 7.45-9.00pm
Cost $5, includes entry, drink and BBQ. Don't forget your signed permission note and all children must be collected from the hall - no exceptions!
posted on 19 May 2017
Important dates and notices for Term 2 2017
- Week 1 of Term 2 starts on Wednesday 26 April.
- Online enrolments for Preschool and Year 7 2018 open on Wednesday 26 April and remain open until 9am on Monday 29 May.
- Learning Journeys for all classes are on Friday 28 April in the classrooms. You are welcome to visit your child's classroom between 9.15am and 11.00am on that day.
- Our special ANZAC Day assembly is on Friday 28 April at 2pm in the old hall. You are warmly invited to attend.
posted on 06 Apr 2017
Swimming lessons for K-4 begin next week
Classes begin next Monday, 27 March (week9) and continue every school day until the last day of term. ALL children swimming need to bring the following to school everyday:
- Swimmers, worn under school uniform
- Thongs or other suitable wet area footwear
- Underwear to change into after lesson
- Plastic bag for wet items
Lesson times for each class are as follows:
|2D & 2K
posted on 23 Mar 2017
Harmony Day Tuesday 21 March
Don't forget that next Tuesday is our Harmony Day celebration at school.
- Wear national dress or something orange to school
- Our special assembly will be in the old hall at 11.40am
- Our multicultural lunch will be at 12.30pm
- Our parent community is warmly invited to celebrate this day with us
posted on 16 Mar 2017
Yr 5 Cooba Camp ETA 3PM today
We are now expecting our Year 5's back slightly earlier at 3pm today.
posted on 03 Mar 2017
Upcoming events and notices
- Year 5's are currently enjoying themselves at camp and all is well!
- Send kids to school tomorrow with gloves and/or tongs for Clean Up School Day
- There is a change to school bus service 663 from Monday 6 March
- The TPS swimming carnival is on next Tuesday, 7 March at Lakeside Leisure Centre, Tuggeranong from 9.30am
- The Wellbeing Courtyard Opening happens next Thursday, 9 March at 11am
- Note information in this week's newsletter about registration, payment and permission notes for Royal Life Saving Swim and Survive (Yrs K, 1, 3 & 4) and Aqua Safe (Yr 2) programs
posted on 02 Mar 2017
Online lunch order service available
This service is available to order lunch on Thursdays and Fridays during term time.
To set up an account go to www.flexischools.com.au and click on the 'Register' link.
posted on 08 Feb 2017
Nominations for School Board Parent Vacancies Open
The Torrens Primary School Board has three parent vacancies for 2017. These vacancies are for two years. Nominations are now open and close 11am on Monday 13 February 2017.
Nomination forms are available from the Front Office.
Completed nomination forms may be lodged by hand to the Front Office, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org , or by post to Christine Hynes Assistant Returning Officer C/- Torrens Primary School, Ritchie Street TORRENS ACT 2607.
posted on 01 Feb 2017