Nominations for School Board
The nomination period is now open and will close at 11am on Monday 22 February 2021.
Click to access the nomination form.
The Education Act 2004 (the Act) requires that each government school is to have a school board as a way of sharing authority and responsibility with the local school community.
School boards are based on two principles:
1. school communities should participate in school decision-making and should be able to determine their own educational policies, and
2. decision-making at the school level should involve school staff and the school community, including parents, carers and students.
The school board is responsible for the school’s strategic direction. Operational matters are the responsibility of the principal.
Functions of the school boards include:
- presenting an annual report to the Directorate and school community
- Develop, maintain and review curriculum for the school, within the framework set by the Directorate
- Develop and review school policies
- Approve the school budget
The Torrens Primary School Board has two Parent Representative vacancies and one P&C Representative vacancy for 2021. Two of these vacancies are for two-year terms and one is for a 12 month term.
A two week nomination period opened on Monday, 8 February (Week 2) at 11am.
If you would like to nominate for one of these vacancies, please see the Front Office for more information and a nomination form.
Nominations close on Monday 22 February (Week 4) at 11am.