Torrens Primary School works in partnership with parents and community members to provide an educational program and facilities of the highest quality. Helping at school is a great way to get involved in your child’s education and to get to know the school staff and other parents. Research shows that children benefit when their parents are actively involved in their education and school life. From time to time notes may go home from class teachers or be placed in the school newsletter outlining volunteering opportunities.
Here are some ways you can help:
- listen to children read in the classroom;
- support the home reading program;
- volunteer on sports days;
- excursion supervision;
- fundraising activities;
- join the P & C or School Board; or
- share your knowledge and skills with students by presenting in the classroom.
If you wish to volunteer, you are required to read and complete a Volunteers and Visitors in Schools Procedure Nomination Form available from the Front Office or download from the link below. Please read the information on the nomination form, along with the Volunteers and Visitors in Schools Code of Conduct and Volunteers and Visitors in Schools Insurance Arrangements (also available from the Front Office and at links below), before nominating to volunteer. It may also be relevant for you to complete a Medical Information and Consent Form for Accompanying Adults (also available from the Front Office or download from the link below).
- Volunteers and Visitors in Schools procedure - Nomination Form
- Volunteers and Visitors in Schools - Code of Conduct
- Volunteers and Visitors in Schools - Insurance Arrangements
- Medical Information and Consent Form - Accompanying Adults
If you wish to volunteer more than three times in one month, or seven times in a year, you are also required to obtain a Working with Vulnerable People card and carry this with you when volunteering in the school.