The aim of Health and Physical education is to:
- develop students’ capacities to make decisions and act in ways that promote their health and that of others;
- focus on the important role physical activity plays in the lives of all students by providing opportunities for personal growth, enjoyment and challenge; and
- promote understanding and valuing of one’s personal identity and development and the need for positive relationships.
The learning areas are organized into three strands:
- the student acts to promote health;
- the student is physically skilled and active, and
- the student manages self and relationships.